Friday, August 27, 2010

My Life, the Rally to Dakar

So in less than 24 hours I will be on a plane to Senegal. Right now I still feel as though I have so much to do and less than enough time to do everything. Ever since I have been in college, I have lead a very type-A lifestyle. Always busy; always more than enough to do. I like it that way most of the time, except when I am tired. I am tired physically and mentally, but moreso, I am tired culturally. I am ready for a different paced life; an inner sense of peace and being happy with one's self rather than the American cultural norm of being dissatisfied with oneself.

So the rally is on; like the off-road automotive race used to be from Paris to Dakar, I am rallying staright from Hanover to Washington, D.C. to Dakar, Senegal with a car and then an airplane. Flying to find a new perspective on life, culture, language, and most importantly, music.

No comments:

Post a Comment