Thursday, October 14, 2010

On the Road to Kedougou

I apologize for my lack of updates this week. I have been quite busy with many things; anyways, today we are leaving for 9 days to travel to Kedougou. It is about a 10 to 12 hour drive from
Dakar, but hopefully I will finally be able to see the wildlife that I have been wanting to see since the beginning of the trip. As well as I will be having my second village stay; I will be staying with the Pular ethnic minority, so I will have another few days where communication will mostly visual signals and physical actions.

I also wanted to update you on my dress before I left. I picked it up two days ago, and I wore it yesterday. I received many compliments-- "Rafetna!" which is Wolof for "C'est joli!" or "That's nice."


See you next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment