Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bon Tabaski!

So the realization has come that I  have less than a month left here in Senegal. I feel like I still have so much to do, and so little time to do it. Today and tomorrow while the Senegalese Muslims are celebrating Tabaski (also known as Aid El Kebir- the grand celebration). It is the second-most important Islamic holiday, in which they remember Abraham's sacrifice of the lamb instead of his son Ishmael. While I partake in holiday festivities, I will be also making a laundry list of things I must visit and do before I leave Dakar.

I feel one thing I need to do more for the last month is update this blog more regularly of places I visit, and thiings I encounter on a daily basis. I have discussed with several friends in the last week of how some things have become everyday affairs to me but how uncommon they would feel in the west. So for the next month expect to learn the ins (and outs) of Senegalese culture and life.

Bon Tabaski!

No comments:

Post a Comment